Tuesday, July 27, 2010

All I Know

My son, Tevin, was diagnosed with a terminal illness which affected his short and long term memory before completely disabling him. In the midst of losing his memory he asked if the choir was going to sing "Our God is An Awesome God." I asked him why did he want to know. He said, "because that's all I know." At that time in 2002, I did not understand the significance of Tevin's reasoning.

A few months after his death in March '08, I heard the song. I thought of the conversation Tevin and I had in 2002. God immediately spoke to me and said that is all you need to know.

Many times we get frustrated, angry, depressed, or worried about the situations and circumstances presented in this life. We want answers. We want to figure things out. At that very moment God assured me through Tevin's answer that all we need to know is he is AWESOME!

I encourage any of you who may be going through anything. We may not know how the situation will turn out, but be assured our God is awesome. Just believe that God is awesome. Just trust that God is awesome. Just KNOW that God is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment