Thursday, July 29, 2010

PRAYER: Agreement


Prayer is one of the most powerful weapons believers have. Prayer is our communication with God. Prayer connects us to God and allows His power to flow to us in any situation. Words are used to convey our thoughts. The words of God are the thoughts of God. We are releasing the mind of God when we pray and confess His Word. God’s Word released through our tongue will cause His power to manifest in our lives.We build ourselves up in faith when we confess the Word of God.
Our great God has a specific plan for each of our lives. We must study the Word of God in order to know the will of God. Studying the Word will also reveal his promises. Understanding His will and promises will motivate us to pray.

However we must comprehend that his thoughts are not our thoughts and his ways are not our ways.
Isaiah 55:8-9
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.



We need to articulate the thoughts of God by praying and confessing His Word.
Here is what God thinks about you and what he wants you to do:
Jeremiah 29:11-12
11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

The thoughts of God are peace and prosperity. They are designed to bring us to an expected end. That should be enough right there to excite us about our lives and God's plan. Take comfort in knowing that there is an expected end. Please know that in the end we, as believers, WIN!!! Don't focus on the middle and what it looks like but celebrate and live well because in the end YOU WIN!!!!


Our faith is released through our words.
Mark 11:23
23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Key things to remember from this scripture is to say it, don't doubt, but believe.

One of the most significant reasons for praying God's Word is the fact that God watches over His word to perform it.
Jeremiah 1:12 (King James Version)
12Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.

Jeremiah 1:12 (New Living Translation)
12 And the Lord said, “That’s right, and it means that I am watching,[a] and I will certainly carry out all my plans.”

If God is watching over his word to expedite (hasten) it, does it not make sense that when we pray to God that we confess his Word?

1 comment:

  1. If you are reading this and need help finding specific scripture to pray regarding your situaton, please let me know. I will help you to find God's word conerning the matter. You can leave a comment here or email me at seetamika@yahoo.com or send a message on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete