Thursday, September 16, 2010

Life-Line in the Storm

My Storm
My six year son was diagnosed with an extremely progressive terminal illness.

Within six months I found myself giving full care to a child who was totally disabled.

Working in Memphis while Tevin went to school in Marion caused me great stress and anxiety.

I begin to teach in Marion, which meant a significant pay cut and learning to adjust to a new school culture and new co-workers.

I had marital issues to surface.

During this experience I was pregnant with a third child and in school to get my masters.

Not to mention the usual stresses of life: bills due, car trouble, financial issues, running a household, raising children, etc.

Oh yeah! I also had to become a pro at balancing time with God, serving in the church, taking care of family, and working full time.

After Tevin experienced the disease for six years, God healed him and made him whole by allowing him to leave this earth and enter into eternal rest.

Needless to say I made it and I am still making it through it all. I want to share my "make it" scripture with you.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

This is my life-line scripture. I like to be in control of everything in my life. Through the "Tevin Experience," God taught me that I am not in control nor do I have to be. I found great comfort in knowing that God has a plan for me. I don't even have to know the details of his plan. I trust Him and know Him well enough to know that He loves me (and you).

For this reason, I can rest. I have peace and assurance. I am delighted in Him and have an abundance of joy and zest for life. All of this is possible because I am not in control......God is!!!!

God is well aware of His thoughts towards us. Our role is to call on Him in prayer and seek Him with all our heart. We will find Him!

Please encourage someone and comment with your "make it" scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment