Sunday, August 8, 2010

Faith

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith - belief in, devotion to, or trust in somebody or something, especially without logical proof

Substance - physical reality that can be touched or felt; the essential meaning of something said or written

Hope - (v) to wish to get or do something or for something to happen or be true

Evidence - something that gives a sign or proof of the existence or truth of something, or that helps somebody come to a particular conclusion

My Faith Analogy

I go into a store and see an item that I wish to get. However I am not able to get the item right now. So I put the item in layaway. When I put the item in layaway, I get a receipt for the item. The receipt is the same as faith. I don't have what I am hoping for; I can't even see it. However the receipt is my substance; it shows the essential meaning of my hope (desire). The receipt is also my proof that the item exist and belongs to me, although I don't actually have the item yet.

In the natural because the receipt is the key to me getting the item that I am hoping to receive, I keep it. In the spiritual faith is the key to getting what we are hoping for; we have to keep the faith. I also hold on to the receipt until I actually have the item in my possession. Just as we should hold on to our faith until what we are hoping for manifests in the natural.

If you don't see it right now........now faith is.

No comments:

Post a Comment