Sunday, August 1, 2010

Anxiety, Worry, and Fear


Anxiety

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Worry

Luke 12:22-26 (NIV)
Then Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?’

Matthew 6:34 (NIV)
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Fear

Psalm 34:4
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Hebrews 13:6
So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Note: There are many more scriptures that deal with these topics. Search the word or contact me to find out more about what God says about anxiety, worry, and fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment