Sunday, August 29, 2010

He Knows


Psalm 23:2

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

This verse is extremely comforting to me because it expresses how God knows exactly what I need to live, flourish, and survive. For us as His sheep the Word of God becomes our green pastures. Once we have eaten the Word, we can lie down or rest. We don't have to be worried, anxious, or fearful. The Word of God helps us to grow and become stronger in our faith.

However the knowing the Word is not enough. Water is necessary to help the sheep to digest the green grass. In the digestive process all of the nutrients from the green grass can be delivered to do their job and operate in the specific area of the body. The Holy Spirit is our water. The Spirit is here to lead, guide, and help us digest the Word so that it may be applied to the various areas of our lives.

I am so grateful that the LORD is my shepherd and He knows just what I need and He leads me to it.!

I had the privilege of hearing an eighteen year old, Kenneth Cunningham, preach his first sermon about two months ago. He shared this revelation about the sheep. The shepherd leads sheep to green grass because they have dull teeth. Brown grass could cause them to choke. Therefore the green grass is what is best for the sheep. Sheep's mouth and nose are very close together. For this reason they need still waters because choppy waters may cause them to drown. Still waters are best for them because of their physical make up. A good shepherd knows his sheep and knows what is best for them.

Praise the LORD because He KNOWS!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment