Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's Good to Wait

Lamentations 3:24-26
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore I will hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait on the salvation of the Lord.

Portion – piece; share

Share - the full portion belonging to an individual

Soul – the complex of human attributes that manifests as consciousness, thought, feeling, and will, regarded as distinct from the physical body; a person’s emotional and moral nature, where the most private thoughts and feelings are hidden

Hope – (n) a feeling that something desirable is likely to happen; source of success; a feeling of trust; (v) to have a wish to get or do something or for something to happen or be true

Good - being positive or desirable in nature

Wait – to stay in one place or do nothing for a period of time until something happens or in the expectation or hope that something will happen

Seek - To try to locate or discover; search for; endeavor to obtain or reach;go to or toward;inquire for; request;try; endeavor


The most area of my being where my most private thoughts and feelings are say that the Lord is my full portion. Because of that I can wish that something desirable is going to happen. He is my source of success. I trust him. He is good to those who stay in one place until something happens and try to locate or discover him. It is good (WARNING: not easy) to wait on Him.

God wants the best for you. He knows what's best for you. Wait on Him.
He'll be good to you!

1 comment: