Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Trust God's View

Isaiah 55:8-9

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

As Tevin was losing his sight, he was determine to hold on to his independence. He continuously attempted to move through the house on his own. It was as if he did not realize that he was blind. He was totally relying on his own abilities, which happen to have been impaired at that time. But as parents we could see where he going and more importantly we could see what was in his way. We would try to instruct and guide him. He would say, "I can do it. I know where I am going."

Tevin acted just like we do at times with God. God reveals to us where he wants us to go. Then we try to get there on our own. In all actuality we are just as blind as Tevin was. We do not have the vision that God has. Let God be God. Trust Him to lead and guide you exactly where He would have you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment