Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pain

2 Corinthians 12:7-9
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

At one point during Tevin's illness, he suffered excruciating muscle spasms in his arms. Tevin received botox shots and was on several different muscle relaxers. Sometimes these things would aide him during the pain. However there were other times when the shots didn't help. The medicine didn't work. His mother, father, or brother couldn't soothe him. He had to endure the pain.

When faced with situations that cause us pain, we are not always delivered from the pain. Sometimes we have to endure the pain. We have to and need to experience the ache. These experiences and uncomfortable circumstances remind us of who we are and more importantly who God is.

This is the time for us to put our faith in God. During these times we must stand boldly on the word of God, as we endure. We must remember that God is a God that he shall what lie. His word will not return to Him void. He has a plan for peace and not harm towards us. All things work together for good to those who love him. When in pain remember His grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment