Friday, August 13, 2010

The Gospel

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

In the summer of 2000, at the age of five, Tevin heard the meaning of becoming a Christian and the baptism in Sunday School. After the lesson, Tevin asked, "What do I have to do to be baptized?" I told him that he had to believe what he had just heard me teach him in the lesson. He said, "I believe that Jesus was good and died for me." That Sunday after worship service Tevin confessed to believing that Jesus was God's son and he died, was buried, and arose again for our sing.

It is one of our responsibilities as Christians to share the gospel with everyone. At the age of five Tevin was listening to the lesson and understood. Don't disregard our children because of their age or anyone else for any reason. All need to hear the good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment